Light Resin Transfer Moulding or Light RTM is a process by which composite products are manufactured using a closed mould system. Light resin transfer moulding is an intermediate process between the slower open mould processes with lower tooling costs and the faster compression moulding methods with higher tooling costs.
- Better dimensional accuracy
- Easy to be manufacturing of complex parts
- Cosmetic surface finish on both sides of parts
- Relatively high- fibre volume fraction & very low void contain
- No use of helping material so that scrap would not generate, and process is environment friendly
- High productivity